Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Family History

I am still pumped from yesterday's trip to the Temple. And so is Barbara, who went with me :). So I have downloaded my PAF (Personal Ancestral File) software and had my mother send me the family history she has already accomplished and so now I get to start finding people and getting them cataloged.

It is special anytime we are able to give someone the opportunity they missed (for one reason or another) here on earth to receive the ordinances that are needed; but I think it will be double as special when I am able to give my own ancestors the opportunity. It will be such a blessing to stand in the place for them so that they can progress in their teachings in the Spirit world.

What an opportunity we have as Mormons to be able to walk into the Temple and be surrounded by the Holy Spirit. To be able to go and do celestial work here on earth, not for ourselves but for others that can not do it for themselves. I am so thankful to Heavenly Father for giving us so many opportunities to serve and be blessed.

So it's time for me to "start takin names and gettin them baptized"!

1 comment:

  1. Sydneyheadshotsandportraits helps you get Professional Headshots in 3 easy steps.
    https://www.sydneyheadshotsandportraits.com.au/corporate-headshots-sydney.html
    Address: 9 Keriba Street, The Ponds 2769, Australia
    Phone No : 0425 228 815

    ReplyDelete