Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Am I a Christian????


Let me start off by saying that I am writing this because I am sick of people thinking and saying that Mormons are not Christians. The definition of Christian is ...

1. One who professes belief in Jesus as Christ or follows the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus.
2. One who lives according to the teachings of Jesus.

And I can tell you that I DO believe in Jesus Christ.

Just because I, as a Mormon, do not follow the trinitarian theology (A view that was established by Constantine I's views) does not make me any less of a Christian. I believe in God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. I try to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ. The book of Mormon is another book compiled of Books that speak of Jesus Christ through out their scriptures. My children and I learn of the prophets that God spoke to and through and about Jesus Christ as our Savior.

So would all the Mormon bashers out there please learn all the facts first and then if you still feel like arguing or putting down my religion please realize it is okay for others to have a different view. I have spent most of my life attending the trinitairian churches (ie. Methodist, Lutheran, Non-Denominational) and knew that there was something missing. After spending time in The Church of Latter-day Saints I was able to answer all my questions. I found what I was missing. What is that you ask? The full truth.

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't have said it better myself! It amazes me that despite Jesus' name being in the name of the church, that people think we don't even believe in Him.

    Saw your comment on my blog (thank you so much btw!) and thought I'd stop by to visit yours. :o)

    ReplyDelete