Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Large Families

As I finished watching an episode of my favorite show "17 kids and counting" with the Duggar family I had an idea to search large families on the web. As I was searching I was reminded of all the comments people with more then 2 children hear. The comments tend to be negative at least in tone. And here I am praying for another child. I just can't imagine not having anymore little ones around. I thought to myself why do we as God's creation think it weird for one to want lots of children? Children truly are God's greatest gifts to us and to Himself. Think back to the seven days of creation. God made many things but only one was made in His image and only one had and has a relationship with Him. MAN! He made man in his image so He can have a relationship with man. He made everything else for man. So why am I, made of God's image that wants more children and already has three, looked upon as I am weird. Is it weird to want God's blessing? Is it weird to want to enjoy God's greatest gifts? Well all I have to say is this. I think everyone else is weird and I want all the gifts He has for me!

1 comment:

  1. It isn't that it is weird but more that everyone knows how hard it is to raise children and how costly. If you can afford it, have 20 kids but if it is not practical, then that is where people that have or want large families get the "weird" looks.
    Yes, we all are God's creations and we were created to be in relation with him. I also think God will provide what he feels each family can handle whether that be one or 10 children. What ever it is that God has in store, we should be thankful for what we have and learn to be content with that.

    ReplyDelete