Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Modesty

I have been spending a lot of time in prayer lately and God has been showing me many amazing things. He has also been instructing me on the way I should live and behave. One major noticeable change has been dressing modestly. He has shown me where in the bible it tells women to wear modest apparel. ( In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;1 Timothy 2:9 KJV. )

If I dress provocatively how am I honoring my husband (Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.
Ephesians 5:33 KJV) and Glorifying God (For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's. 1 Corinthians 6:20 KJV )? If I dress like the world does how am I setting myself apart from the world? (11And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. 1 Corinthians 6:11 KJV)

So through all of this I have been obedient and praise God for showing me so lovingly and clearly how He would have me dress. Isn't that amazing that He cares so much for me that He will help me through such things?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dena!

    Don't laugh at me but I just connected the 2 and 2 and realized that you are the one Rachele told me about that also lives in Globe!! And you commented on my blogs and I had NO CLUE!!

    See with each child a brain cell vanishes!! "smile"

    I love your blog and look forward to reading it regularly.

    Many blessings

    Christine
    Conservative Christian Hippie
    From Arizona

    ReplyDelete