Sunday, December 28, 2008

Do you deny Christ?

We all have heard how Peter denied Christ 3 times but what about you? I'm not exactly talking about when someone asks you if you are a Christian and what your response is. I think most of us would say yes in that situation, at least in our comfortable free speech country as it is today.

What I am talking about is when people you work with, your friends, or strangers you walk by or are standing in line by say a derogative comment about Christ or God, how do you respond? Do you ignore it or do you stand up for your Lord and Savior and use that opportunity to minister to those people? I think most of us would chose not to say anything. You might think it is none of your business. But what we fail to realize is that we have just denied Christ. W have put your pride before Christ.

How often do you profess Christ to people? I am not talking about the stickers on your car, or the cross on your necklace, or any other accessories. I am talking about how often you actually talk about Christ with people. How often you give Christ the credit for all the blessing you have in your life when telling people about them? How often do you humble yourself and forget about possible embarrassment and defend the Lord when people talk negatively about Him?

The sermon at church today was along the lines of this but during the sermon I started to expand on the preachers comments and that is where it lead me. I know that I have denied Christ too many times in my life and as I have now asked forgiveness I will not let another opportunity go by without professing my faith, standing up for my Savior and helping others come to know Christ the way I do. How about you?

1 comment:

  1. I know I have done that a number of times and it's still tough to stand up and defend my beliefs. I tend to be a person who dislikes having deep discussions with strangers about these things cause it always seems to turn into a confrontation. But it is important that we do just that. Confront people with the truth.

    I actually started doing this with my husbands nephew who is an aspiring actor who is very obviously gay. He sends me emails that are very much Christian hate emails and videos which I never said anything about it to him. After sending him one of my many pro-Christian emails he wrote to me that he didn't want me to send him anymore emails that had to do with "religion" which actually means he doesn't want emails about homosextuality not being correct.

    So anyway I have started to defend Christ instead of saying, "well just let it go" why should I when they don't let their views go.

    It's certainly something I have to try very hard at because I am so use to not talking about it and just letting things slide.

    ReplyDelete