Sunday, September 14, 2008

How Precious is a Child's Prayer

Last night during our bedtime story time I read out of the girl's bible as we often do and the story last night was the temptation Jesus went through for the 40 days and 40 nights and how Satan tempted Jesus. Faith Anne towards the end of the story asked who Satan was so I answered her by telling her how he was one of God's angel's but became jealous and became a fallen angel and he is now the ruler of this world. I also explained that when she is feeling tempted that is Satan trying to get her to sin or to disobey and do something bad. I also told her so when you are feeling tempted you need to realize it is Satan and tell him I rebuke you Satan in the name of Jesus Christ I rebuke you.

Not too long after that it was prayer time and Emily and Faith Anne both said they wanted to go first. I told Faith Anne that since it is Emily's birthday why don't we let her go first. With that Faith Anne got really mad, her face turned red and she said mommy I feel that lizard (Satan) tempting me. Then she says with determination "Satan I refuse you. I will not be tempted by you. God is my King not you. I refuse you in the name of Jesus Christ. " I was so proud of her, she got it! She really understood what it felt to be tempted and with out having to remind her what to do she rebuked, refused he he, him.

So then she told Emily okay and Emily prayed, then normally Faith Anne would pray and then I would close the prayer but she informed me that she wanted to end the prayer. So I prayed and then Faith Anne starts her prayer by saying "Lord, I lift up Satan to you and ask you to help him be a good angel again."

How precious is that!!!!!!! I truly believe if someone could turn Satan to good again it would be her. And why don't we ever pray for Satan?



Okay so tonight's prayer.... Emily's turn..... she says"Dear Lord, thank you for my God book."

How cute!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment